We Mississippi moms are resilient and have a passion for helping others.
If you wish to help New Orleans families and the surrounding areas at this time, here are some ways you can help those impacted by Hurricane Ida.
COMEBACK COOLERS DONATION DROP OFF
Comeback Coolers provide support and aid to those in need after a devastating event. They deliver ice-packed coolers with drinks, beer, oranges, and wet wipes to storm-ridden areas. There are also coolers specifically for children, for linemen and non-alcoholic coolers for adults. Sponsor a cooler, or donate for gas, ice, or travel expenses. You can also sign up to decorate a cooler!
- Posies and Puddles Children’s Boutique in Pascagoula. 15% off purchase with donation.
- Lost Pizza in Ocean Springs
- Michael Diaz, MD office in Biloxi
- Quakes Ice Creamery in Ocean Springs
- Beach Pharmacy in Gulfport
- Long Beach High School and Long Beach Police Station
ITEM DONATION DRIVES
- Care Critters in Ocean Springs (collecting stuffed animals)
- Drinx Wine & Liquor Warehouse in D’Iberville (collecting essential items)
- Dolce Bakeshop Donation Drive in Long Beach (collecting essential items)
- Chuck Ryan Cars in Long Beach (collecting baby essentials)
- Additional collection locations for relief supplies (compiled by WLOX)
SUPPORT BY SHOPPING
- Fleurty Girls in Bay St. Louis (original store in New Orleans)
- Sugar & Spice Fine Children’s Boutique in Ocean Springs (10% of sales will be donated for relief efforts)
ACTIVITIES + MEALS FOR EVACUEES
Families may be displaced and living in Mississippi until conditions improve in Louisiana. Several local places are offering a discount to these families.
- Lynn Meadows Discovery Center (discounted rate for evacuees)
- Hattiesburg Zoo (free admission to the first 250 Louisiana residents)
- Gulf Hills Hotel (housing for evacuees)