Hey Ma! I don’t know about you, but the sun is out and I wanna dance with somebody. The high heels and grown up clothes are calling me from the closet, and they are telling me to leave the mom purse at home! Spring fever is going around, and sometimes you need a break to be the best mama you can be. You DESERVE a break and a fun “time out”. So line up that babysitter and save the date. Whether you need a break NOW or something to look forward to, we’ve got 5 perfect ideas for a fun girls night out or a much needed date night. These events and specials are guaranteed to give you what you need.
- Who said Mondays have to suck? Find a good restaurant special and get a deal on a good time. Pork Chop Monday at Bacchus on the Beach in the Pass is one of our favorite adult escapes. Start your week off right with a 14oz bone-in Pork Chop served with collard greens and jalapeno cheddar cornbread for just $10! Paired with your favorite company and adult beverage, you’re sure to enjoy the coastal atmosphere AND your Monday.
- Get your Boogie on! Boogie Night at Lynn Meadows Discovery Center is the ADULTS ONLY affair we look forward to every spring. The event benefits the best children’s museum on the Coast so you can let go of any mom guilt you may get when you leave your littles at home. It also has an 80’s theme with a costume contest. Get the groupies together and start planning your outfits! Feast on far out food from the best local restaurants and snap some selfies in the Snaparazzi photo booth. Category 6 will be preforming with a glow theme this year on Friday, April 5th. It’s not too late to get your tickets! Better yet, sign up for a group sponsorship (starting at $250) and gain VIP access to the open bar sponsor party held inside the museum before the main event.
- Keep it Funky in Fishbone Alley for FREE. That’s right! The Fishbone Alley Music Series in downtown Gulfport offers free live music from March through September. Grab your sandals and your sundress and head outdoors for a variety of musical genres and film screenings on select Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Most performances begin at 5pm so grab a drink at Chandeleur Island Brewing and jam out Afterwards, head over to 27th Avenue Bistro by Chef David for boiled crawfish and some of finest local farm to table cuisine.
- Get dressed UP and dolled UP. If you love an excuse to book a spray tan and go dress shopping, the Junior Auxiliary of Biloxi-Ocean Springs Annual GALA for the Kids is just the summer event to look forward to. A great cause to bust out the tuxes and gloves for, this event helps support over 10,000 children and families on the Coast. Friday, June 21st is the date to save this year. Its being held at the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino, so y’all know it’ll be fancy! Click here for info on how to have the MOST FUN
- Plan a visit to The White House! The White House Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, is the perfect spot for a luxurious evening out. With happy hour specials and a cheese board to die for, The White House Hotel and Cora’s Restaurant will make you forget all about the homework and laundry waiting for you at home.
The glamorous decor and ambiance just might stir up a little date night romance. It’s also a perfect spot to meet other mamas for a #winedownwednesday. Did we mention the views from the rooftop balconies?