Whether you’re team mass hysterics or team ain’t no thing, I think we can all agree that Coronavirus is shaking things up for us moms!
Many of us are realizing the importance of social distancing while we attempt to keep our families and the community safe.
We at Gulf Coast Moms Blog have you covered for ideas to turn a scary moment into some family fun!
- Spring cleaning day. Who doesn’t need to do this?!
- Read. Read. Read.
- Color these pages or these New Orleans inspired ones (FREE printables)
- Turn on music (or tell Alex to) and dance
- Watch movies
- Science kits
- Puzzles and/or board games delivered directly to your door from Educate & Celebrate!
- Make a living room fort
- Decorate sugar cookies from Dolce Bakeshop.
- Cook, bake, make smoothies
- Write and mail notes to family or drop off in mailbox to neighbors.
- Draw pictures for elderly neighbors
- FREE online cooking class and kits
- Nailed It! challenge. This looks like a fun idea.
- Crafts! Hello Pinterest projects that I’ve pinned and never done.
- Paint-by-numbers activity from NELLA.
- Get a jump start on next year’s reading or science fair project(s)
- Lego build off
- Take a virtual tour of museums, from London to New York.
- Glow bath with glow sticks and Glo Pals
- Sleep. Is that considered an activity?
- Yard day. My yard is equal part leaves and weeds.
- Pick up trash around neighborhood. Use gloves, of course.
- Plant container gardens.
- Nature scavenger hunt
- Photography walk. Give them a camera and let them go wild.
- Bike rides
- Play at the beach
- Fly a kite
- Pick up food to-go or have a picnic
- Geocache, a treasure hunt game where you use a GPS to explore local landmarks.
- Scavenger hunt for the road, while enjoying a nice long drive. Even better if baby sleeps best in the car.
- Feed ducks
- Is Pokémon Go still a thing!?
- Fairy and gnome boxes made out of old shoe or diaper boxes
- Create a treasure dig in a baby pool
- “Paint” the fence with a brush and water
- Plant a garden
- Start a compost
- Yard games like cornhole or darts
- Backyard obstacle course
- Make bird feeders. Roll a pine cone in peanut butter and seeds.
- Sidewalk chalk murals or self portraits
- Bubbles and all the bubble things